Forum Pplware
How to create ES shortcut in Kodi menu - Versão de Impressão

+- Forum Pplware (http://forum.pplware.com)
+-- Fórum: Pplware (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Fórum: PiPplware (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Tópico: How to create ES shortcut in Kodi menu (/showthread.php?tid=21425)

How to create ES shortcut in Kodi menu - MarioBoh - 07-08-2015 22:13

Good day

I'm new to pplware and what an awesome project this is.

I would like to know if the way is to create a shortcut for Emulation Station in Kodi and if so how? I am aware que one can just quit out of Kodi to get to Emulation Station but I would prefer the shortcut if possible.

Thank you in advance

RE: How to create ES shortcut in Kodi menu - dsantos - 07-08-2015 22:53

It could be possible, but the shortcut will have to quit Kodi and start ES because ES and Kodi can't be opened at the same time.

RE: How to create ES shortcut in Kodi menu - MarioBoh - 08-08-2015 12:11

Thank you for the speedy response. Do you know where I can get the information or guide on how to do this?

RE: How to create ES shortcut in Kodi menu - dsantos - 08-08-2015 14:35

The only way I know is to create a simple addon for that. And make it run some bash commands. Than you create a shortcut in your Kodi Skin. You will have to know a little bit of programming (python), or search the internet on how to do that. I can write the bash script to do that but I am not much into making addons for Kodi, so you will have to search yourself.  

RE: How to create ES shortcut in Kodi menu - MarioBoh - 14-08-2015 10:24

I found a simple solution to my problem. I use the Aeon Nox skin in Kodi and decided to make a menu shortcut for the reboot function. I just renamed it Games and added a custom background picture. So when I click on the new shortcut it reboots into Emulation Station Mr Green

Thanks again for this great project